Alternative Healthy Chicken Recipes

• Page 1 of 1:
Keelie90

Thread: Alternative Healthy Chicken Recipes

Hi all, I've just started week 3 of the tlc diet and was wondering if anyone could suggest a great chicken recipe as theres only a few of them on here and id prefer to try something new to keep my stomach guessing lol.

Thanks in advance smile x

September 1, 2011, 11:56 am
Louise@Activia

Re: Alternative Healthy Chicken Recipes

Hi Keelie90, this is one of my favourites and a different take on a hamburger!
Mix together 500g of chicken mince, 2 crushed cloves of garlic, 1 finely chopped red chilli (you can omit this if you are not a spice fan) a little chopped mint and parsley and a dash of Worcestershire sauce.  Shape the mixture into 4 burgers and chill in the fridge for half an hour.  You can then grill them for around 5 minutes on each side and serve them in burger buns with tomato and lettuce.  Including the burgers buns it works out at around 150 calories per serving - this recipe is for 4 servings, so still only 300 calories if you can manage 2!!.  You can make this slightly less if you use turkey mince instead.  Hope that helps, and if anyone else has some more chicken recipes I would love to hear them too!

September 2, 2011, 7:34 am
Eva@Activia

That sounds delicious Louise smile
Keelie90, I'm a big curry fan and chicken works really well in all sorts of curries. My favourite recipe at the moment is so simple, quick and light, it's a yogurt based curry. I mix a couple of chopped up chicken breasts in some garam masala and set aside while I fry an onion, a couple of garlic cloves and a good knob of grated ginger. I then add the chicken and fry for a couple of minutes before adding a tin of chopped tomatoes and leaving to simmer for 10 minutes. I then add whatever vegetables I fancy, usually broccoli and green beans then leave all to simmer for another 10 minutes. I then take the curry off the heat and stir in some natural yogurt and fresh coriander and serve over some basmati rice. If you like your curry spicy you can add chili at the beginning!
Let me know what you think smile
Eva

September 9, 2011, 5:47 pm
Eva@Activia

Keelie90, if you are still on the hunt for healthy chicken recipes today's recipe of the day is a real chicken treat, chicken and root vegetable casserole: http://bit.ly/pGpNye
You can make it with chicken breast if you prefer, although I must admit I find the meat becomes really tender the longer you leave it to cook and just falls off the bone, yum!
Enjoy
Eva

September 17, 2011, 4:49 pm
Keelie90

Thanks alot ladies, these sound fantastic!! Will have to try them all, so excited big_smile x

September 17, 2011, 5:57 pm
Eva@Activia

You are welcome Keelie, how is the plan going?

September 19, 2011, 5:25 pm
Keelie90

Plan is going great thanks Eva, lost 7lbs in 4 weeks big_smile now im on the toning stage as i have 2 xmas parties this year, want a nice fitted dress this year. Bring on the weights haha x

September 22, 2011, 6:02 pm
Louise@Activia

Hi Keelie90, the Christmas party dress is a great goal to aim for.  Autumn winter fashion is in the shops now so if your motivation starts to falter, you could look out for that perfect dress and put a picture of it on your fridge.  Every time you open the fridge you will see the dress!

September 23, 2011, 7:24 am
  • Page 1 of 1:

You must agree to the terms and conditions of the forum to contribute.